TRAP™ is a unique back pack with built in floatation serving as an emergency life saving device and as a device to negotiate and navigate water obstacles.
Water obstacles are no longer a problem
The TRAP assault pack was designed to use as a regular assualt pack but with the added capability of floatation to give you the ability to negotiate water obstacles at a moment’s notice or in an emergency.
We think you will find the pack itself organized, well thought out and more comfortable than most, especially when carrying heavy loads. The bladder when stowed is set back so it does not interfere with your arms or cause irritation and is easily restowed after use. The bungee retention system at the top, allows you to easily attach things like a shooting mat for example.
We have tested the pack extensively and the more we used it, the more we liked it. We found the lift capacity using a 68 gram CO2 cartridge to be approximately 95lbs at shallow depths. Lift will vary from contents/packing, size of individual, depth, altitude and temperature. We performed these tests repeatedly: Pool on a cool day, 120lbs weight mixed with cloth rags to give bulk with 225lb individual, 10ft deep, floated to surface rapidly, when we tested with more weight it began to lose it's buoyancy. Ocean water temp 68 degrees approximately, 25ft deep with 65lbs of dead weight with 175lb muscular individual, it floated to surface rapidly.
We recommend if working around deep water order the dual detonator configuration using two 68 gram CO2 cartridges, over pressure valve will prevent damage to the bladder from over filling.
• 3 day assault back pack
• Emergency floatation device
• Designed to negotiate and navigate water obstacles
• Halkey® detonator uses ½” thread 68 gram CO2 cartridge
• Halkey oral valve (inflator)
• Over pressure valve to adjust buoyancy
• Internal deployable bladder with zipped cover
• Adjustable shoulder straps with quick disconnect
• Sternum strap
• Cumberbund waist strap
• 2 main compartments with zippered access
• 2 accessory pouches with Molle attachments (opitional)
• Molle webbing on exterior of pack
• Carrying handle
• Organizer pocket
• Bungee retention cords
• External hydration bladder compartment
• Inside pack – distribution weight organizer pouch
• Drain grommets for all compartments
• Main compartment zippered at bottom opens mesh drainage
Floatation module is attached by molle and can be used separate from pack itself. We recommend you take the time to familiarize yourself with TRAP just like you would with any new piece of gear. Become familiar with the pack harness assembly, detonator cord, overpressure release valve and oral inflator. Practice simulated detonations.
Note: Always give vigorous pull so detonator will fully puncture cartridge allowing for maximum flow. Practice quick emergency removal of pack.
Test bladder for leaks by orally inflating bladder, this will also allow you to become familiar with what to expect when inflated.
Detonator - Make sure cartridge is fully charged by
checking cap for puncture hole.
- Make sure cartridge is fully screwed in.
- Make sure detonator chord is free from obstructions.
Weight: With cartridge 6.90lbs
Lift: Approximately 95lbs at 20ft deep
Dimensions pack: 22” x 17” x 9”
Capacity: 3500 cubic inches
Note: We can adjust bladder sizes for mission specific
• 1000 Denier Cordura® urethane coated 1.75oz, nylon
• Plastic Fastex® ITW® Nexus® buckles and connectors
• YKK® zippers
• 100% nylon webbing
• Bladder: 200 Denier double urethane coated nylon
Non-Inflated View with
optional MOLLE accessory pouches