Dear Dave and Special Forces.com Staff,
Thank you so much for the donation of the platoon banner. We were in need of something to represent us here in Afghanistan and your selfless donation was it! I also want to commend Yoana Ramirez on the outstanding customer service continues to provide. Our internet is not the best to say the least. She has personally been involved with ensuring my orders are correct and been patient and kind every step of the way! We are now sporting our new team tshirts and sweatshirts around the fob and getting tons of compliments. We are sure to let everyone know that they can get their custom orders from SpecialForces.com!
Guardian 2B Out!
Show Esprit de Corps
with Unique unit Shirts!
*discount unit pricing available on all shirts, caps & gifts
Neither the United States Marine Corps nor any other component of the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this product (or promotion, or service, or activity)
SOTIC on Mens Short Sleeve T-Shirt
A10001 • A02483
SOTIC on Mens Short Sleeve T-Shirt
See our sizing chart.
SOTIC or the \"Special Operations Target Interdiction Course\" purpose, is to train selected personnel in the technical skills and operational procedures necessary to deliver precision rifle fire from concealed positions to selected targets in support of special operations forces. Course emphasis it to provide the force with personnel who can achieve first-round hits from a cold barrel on these high-value targets. Additionally, personnel will be able to correct for wind and determine the previous round's bullet trace to achieve second-round hits if necessary.
The SOTIC is a six-week course conducted at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Students will be attached to Company D, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group (Airborne), U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Students must be:
- Currently assigned to or on orders to a Special Forces detachment of Ranger company, currently Ranger-qualified or Special Forces-qualified, or selected Department of Defense personnel.
- Must have a current periodic physical. Students must have their medical records with them when they report for in-processing. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 in each eye.
- Must have in their possession a memorandum from their unit commander certifying that the student has scored expert with the M16A1/M16A2 rifle in accordance with FM 23-9, M16A1 Rifle and M16A2 Rifle Marksmanship, July 1989, within 12 months of the reporting date.
- Must have undergone a psychological evaluation (Minnesota Multi-phasic Personality Inventory) under the direction of a qualified psychologist within 12 months of the reporting date. A copy of the evaluation must be presented on the course starting date.
- Must have in their possession an original verification of their security clearance (copies unacceptable), dated no earlier than 30 days prior to the course starting date.
- Must meet the Army height and weight standards as prescribed in AR 600-9, Height and Weight Standards.
- Must currently be on jump status and be medically qualified to participate in airborne operations.
Skills learned are :
- Applying Basic Tracking For The Sniper
- Arctic desert, jungle, alpine and urban Survival
- Camouflage and Concealment - Slide chart presentation.
- Camouflage and Concealment - Notes accompanying the presentation
- Fire Building
- Fire Support Planning In Support Of Scout/Sniper Operations
- Ghillie Suit Manufacture
- Heat Stress in the Tactical Environment
- Holding for Windage, Motion, and Distance - Slide chart presentation
- Information Gathering For The Scout/Sniper
- Maps: An introduction
- Movement Techniques
- Patrolling Fundamentals I
- Patrolling Fundamentals II
- Patrolling Fundamentals III
- Patrolling - The Warning Order
- Patrolling - The Operations Order
- Shelter Construction
- Sniper Field Training Exercises
- Sniper FTX Summary
- Sniper Positions
- Weather and Its Effects
A very demanding course for a very demanding and special force: the U.S. Army Special Operations Sniper.
Made in the USA
Mugs, Caps & Memorabilia
Toddler and Infants
Laura, I received both boxes and the order was 100% perfect. You guys did an awesome job and the Squadron loved the shirts. You included a large sign with the logo on, Thanks for that, it was a huge hit. What would it cost for another one of those signs with just the TACP Crest, no 807 EASOS on it?
Again, I really appreciated the work, it was great and the Sq will definitely be using your company again in the near future as a whole new group of guys come in.